Looking for a child who needs a home...

Monday, March 29, 2010

Well, it's Monday!

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the numerous well wishes and prayers. They've meant the world to us! We have heavy hearts today as we say goodbye to "Zoe". We had to withdraw from the Burundi program for numerous reasons. We also decided it best to really focus on what God's path is for us, not just follow our heart. So we have also decided to pass the file of the waiting child in Ethiopia onto the next family in line.

My grandfather currently battles for his life in a hospital, and we know he has very little time left. I am so excited that he will be journeying to Heaven soon, but fear his loss. I know he will be missed here and that scares me. Not sure I'm ready to let go.

I will turn to God for strength, I know he is the only one who can truly provide the comfort we need right now. But, I would by lying if I said I wasn't bitter...because I am. And it takes a lot to get me bitter! I am usually very optimistic--not so much this week.

My heart hurts, my eyes sting, my nose hurts (from blowing it)! Every time Andy sees me, he has this sympathy in his eyes (I think I might be hard to look at after days of crying!! Not as pretty as they are in the movies!!) Of course, he is heartbroken, too. We all are.

So, long story short...it might be a while before you see me on here again. Of course, I do believe in miracles, just not sure I'm expecting one anytime soon. Right now, I'm just praying for daily bread...one day at a time.

Thanks all!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment