Looking for a child who needs a home...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our hand is out...

So, we started our full blown fund raising efforts this week. Basically letters to friends, family and acquaintances asking for help. This is a "2 fold" effort. We are in need of funds to help finalize our personal adoption for Zoe (the cost is outrageous!) But we also hope to help raise enough funds to help start the building process of a center in Bujumbura. According to our resources, a mere $10,000 will create a center like no other in the capital city. We heard from our agency yesterday, and there is an extreme focus on getting Zoe home very soon. Because we are a "pioneer family" we have so many ups and downs in this process and have no real true straight line to follow. With other countries, this entire process has already been laid out and is quite linear...not Burundi!

However, as my sister in law reminded me last night, I live a life of faith. Faith, that in my eyes is strong and never failing. To others, my faith may seem naive or misguided, perhaps downright irresponsible! I mean, we have been waiting for our daughter since July of 2008! So many others might have given up or become bitter or angry. And believe me, I have had my days. But, as promised in the Bible, I become weary, I turn to the Lord and with every praise of His name, He strengthens me for another day.

I find myself, once again, strengthened by His favor and mercy. And looking forward to another day. For tomorrow may be the day we get "our call". Thank you for following our journey and keep us and our children, be they tucked in safely upstairs in their beds, or in a land far far way, in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment